With my oshi Shimada Rena’s (Shimarena) graduation coming soon, I felt like updating this blog once again. Probably just some more quick thoughts on my current 48g fandom state.
- I’m currently on a Twitter and Tumblr hiatus due to Lent. The absence of both makes me realize how much I enjoy being part of the international NMB fandom and how I miss talking to other NMB fans about the group. I’d like to think I made a lot of online friends thanks to being part of the NMB fandom and I’m extremely grateful for that.
- I still don’t like the whole grand reformation and I wish NMB was never shuffled. The “old” NMB teams were perfect as they were.
- With the closure of my favorite 48 forum Everyday48, I’m still unsure if I’ll ever be active on a 48g forum again. I’ve occasionally visited Stage48 and I’m reminded of the good (and bad) times I’ve had there. But I still haven’t felt the urge to be anything more than a lurker there for the time being.
- Nogizaka46 is on a roll. All the Nogizaka girls are so interesting and amazing and lately, I think the group has had the best music out of all the 48 groups. Out of the recent batch of 48g releases this last month, Nogizaka46’s Kizuitara Kataomoi is easily the best single. Also, it’s just absolutely fun following the group. It doesn’t feel like a hassle or annoyance like it does sometimes following AKB.
- I’m starting to get into some non-48 idol groups. Thanks to the urging of people, I’ve ever so slowly gotten interested into Passpo, Super Girls, and GEM. And I’m hoping to find even more idols to enjoy.
- Thanks for being the best oshi a fan could ask for, Shimarena. Wish you nothing but the best in your post-NMB life.